- 4 1/2 T. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 T. bacon drippings (left in fridge to solidify)
- 1 egg
- 5 T. brown sugar
- 4 T. maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 T. butter
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 cup powder sugar
- Course sea salt
1. Cream butter and bacon drippings together.
2. Add brown sugar and maple syrup. Beat until creamy.
3. Add egg and beat until combined.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add some flour to the wet mixture. Stir in and then add a little milk. Stir again. Keep alternating, ending with flour, until combined. Then fold in bacon pieces.
6. Spoon batter in baking cups and bake at 350 degrees for 16-19 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Mix frosting ingredients together. Frost cooled cupcakes and add remaining bacon pieces to the top.