- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lb. pasta
1. Beat eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
2. Fry bacon until crisp. Crumble, then set aside.
3. Using 1-2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease, saute the onion (not the green onion) and mushrooms until onions are translucent and golden.
4. Drain the pasta while still warm and add the onions and mushrooms. Pour cream mixture into the pasta and stir on low heat for 1-2 minutes. Don't do this on high heat or you'll scramble the eggs.
Serve with additional parmesan and garnish with green onions. Chopped, grilled chicken could be added to this dish as well.