- 2 1/2 lbs. pork shoulder, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 t. Greek oregano
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 t. sea salt
- 2 T. red wine
- 2 T. olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork. Mix well.
2. Add pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Thread marinated pork cubes on skewers. Grill until well browned, about 15 min, turning to cook evenly.
4. Serve on a soft pita with Tzatsiki sauce (below), diced tomatoes and sliced sweet onion.
- 2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 cucumber - seeded, shredded, drained
- 2 t. minced garlic, crushed to paste or garlic juice
- 1 1/2 t. salt
1. Drain yogurt in fine strainer overnight until yogurt is consistency of cream cheese.
2. Combine yogurt and all other ingredients.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor